Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Admission or I Miss 30 Rock


Tina Fey really can do no wrong.

Two words. Mean Girls.

And of course 30 Rock. My Thursday nights are certainly a little less bright without Fey and the other whacky members of the Rock cast. When I heard Fey was coming out with a new movie I knew I wanted to go to there.

Admission is a cute romantic comedy that tells the story of a Princeton admissions counselor, Portia (Fey) who is asked to visit an alternative high school by founder John (Paul Rudd). John wants Portia to see a student named Jeremiah who is a unique prodigy attending the school. John is extremely persistent because he wants Portia to know Jeremiah is her son. The story unfolds from there, with Portia hitting several bumps along the way.

Fey takes on a more serious role which is different for her. There are still more than enough laugh out loud moments but instead of eating too many Mexican cheese puffs or encouraging a gym full of girls to share their feelings, Fey deals with real topics like adoption, parent problems and disillusionment with life. It was a little strange, but I think Fey shows her flexibility as an actor.

Admission is definitely not an award winning movie, nor do I think it will make big at the box office. But it is a great movie if you're looking for a light movie that gives you a few laughs and leaves you feeling optimistic. Plus Rudd and Fey have pretty good chemistry. But I have to admit I miss the ridiculousness of 30 Rock. How could you not?  

I give Admission a 3 since it was decent but didn't offer any particularly memorable moments. But if anything it's always nice to see Paul Rudd in a movie. He's so adorable!

Favorite Moments 
  • The meeting of Portia and John's mothers. Love it. 
  • Go cry in the pantry and of course, the shelf would fall down. Perfect. 
  • "Do you have an extra toothbrush?" Oh Thomas the Train.

Boo Moments
  • "My mom's a hairdresser." 
  • Man Gloria Reuben, you're as cold as ice! 
  • Come on Paul can't you read a birth certificate??

No comments:

Post a Comment